Dear RentMen visitors, GavinCraul chose to answer 13 interview questions that were last updated on 21 Aug 2023
- How do you go that ‘extra mile' in your life?I am very devoted to the act of creation. It supersedes everything else in my life.
- If you have to pick one thing that everyone else should absolutely know about you, what would it be?I have a subscription to the Criterion channel ;)
- What would you like your followers to know about you that is unique and even a bit personal?I wrote a very confessional novel, a mad coming-of-age tale.
- What are your hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time?Reading fiction, reading philosophy, learning history, the beach, working out, running, swimming, cycling, theatre, film, dance, art, music, learning new languages, learning old languages. If I had more time on my hands at the moment, I'd be practicing my Spanish, and as soon as I felt comfortable with that, I'd probably learn Korean. Then, maybe Farsi, Ancient Greek, Italian and Portuguese bc I think I could pick those two up fairly quickly, then Old English. I want to complete a collection of short stories. If I had all the resources in the world, I'd be taking singing lessons, learning piano, learning guitar, and taking post-baccalaureate classes in economics...seriously!
- If you and I were on the beach having some wine and great food, what would you tell me about yourself.I like to find the funniness in the imperfections, even the tragedies, of daily life. I hope I'd share something I think is funny and that you would think is funny as well :)
- What are your greatest personal traits?I'm very curious about people, about people's stories, and their relationships. I find being judgmental or others being judgmental a limiting act, violent act. I don't practice one-upping people. I think community is essential.
- What is your ‘niche’?I love connecting with people. Physicality is one way to connect. Yet we have multiple ways of making connections with each other. Each of us is unique. Each connection we make with an other is also unique. I want to find out what will be our unique way of connecting with each other.
- What’s your lifestyle? What makes you who you are?I have to perform. I have to write. I have to laugh. I have to be physically active. And I NEED nature!!! Preferably the ocean!
- Name 5 things that you can’t live without.Performing live in the theatre, writing fiction, the ocean, pizza, and beer ;)
- How often do you travel? Do you prefer to travel or you are more of a homebody?I LOVE to travel. I love exploring different cultures and different languages. If I could be doing anything right now, I'd be touring Latin America, honing my Spanish language skills, and surfing the Pacific.
- What makes you stand out from the crowd?I think pleasure is essential to being human and experiencing a full life.
- What should others absolutely know about you?I absolutely love to laugh. I need funny in my life!
- What do you enjoy most about yourself?I really have a wonderful ability at making other people feel comfortable. I hold space for others, inviting others to be themselves, and allowing people to express themselves.